WHENSept. 1, 2024
Great Migration & the Big Five
WHAT MAKES THIS TRIP EXTRAORDINARY
- Visit the most important Protected Areas in Kenya: Ol Pejeta, Samburu National Park, The Ngorongoro Crater, and the Masai Mara National Reserve.
- Experience the greatest wildlife show on Earth, The Great Migration, at its peak.
- This itinerary provides the highest chances to observe the `Big-5’, lions, elephants, Cape buffalo, leopard, and rhinoceros.
- High chances of seeing the black and the northern white rhinos.
- Come in close contact with local tribes at Samburu and the Masai Mara.
- Enjoy the intimacy of a truly small group of like-minded, experienced travelers.
- Ideal expedition pacing, using the best possible accommodations and best naturalist guides.
If you have any questions, please let us know. We are here to help you!
Itinerary in Brief
Arrive in Nairobi:Your flight will have you arriving in Nairobi, Kenya, where you will be met and greeted by a New Paths Expeditions representative and given a short safari briefing before being transferred to your Hotel. Overnight at Karen Blixen Coffee Garden & Cottages (Meals Aloft).
Nairobi to Ol Pejeta Conservancy
Ol Pejeta Conservancy
Ol Pejeta to Samburu National Reserve
Samburu National Reserve to Ngorongoro Crater
Complete Exploration of Samburu National Reserve
Samburu National Reserve to Masai Mara National Reserve
Masai Mara – Fly Back Home
Karen Blixen Coffee Garden & Cottages
The cottages are located in the midst of one of the oldest formal gardens in Kenya which have huge jacaranda, candelabra, cactus, bottlebrush, and other trees. Over 200 types of flowers bloom through the year and numerous bird feeders attract hundreds of varieties of birds. The cottages have been designed after the historic Swedo House to give a sense of reliving history in elegant style. All well appointed cottages have hi-beam ceilings with fireplaces, wood and mazeras stone floors. Mini bars, satellite TVs and internet connections have also been installed. Each bedroom has a large bathroom with its own shower and bath. Internet connections and phones are available in all rooms. Three cottages have two private suites with a separate dressing room.
Elephant Bedroom Camp
Little Governors Camp
START YOUR ADVENTURE HERE:
Duration | 10 days
Embark on an unparalleled adventure into the heart of the Brazilian Pantanal, the world’s largest tropical wetland.
Duration | 12 days
Explore the most iconic and unique national parks and cities in Colombia in a perfectly balanced between natural and cultural wonders.
Duration | 14 days
Explore Morocco on a quest to the Sahara Through Imperial Cities and to Coastal Essaouira
Duration | 12 days
The most complete itinerary to explore the Island of endemics, Madagascar. One of the greatest wildlife expeditions on earth. A wildlife photographer’s dream!